Of course most golfers know of Bobby Jones; perhaps one of the greatest golfers of all time. He is famous for being the greatest professional golfer that never was; yet today’s discussion is not about his play, but about one of many quotes he is noted for over his brief tenure as the world’s greatest player. It should make you think about your game and wonder why one of golf’s greatest would be quoted on this topic so often; keep reading and see what I mean. Continue reading
- One of the most fascinating things about golf is how it reflects the cycle of life. No matter what you shoot – the next day you have to go back to the first tee and begin all over again and make yourself into something. – Peter Jacobsen
- Golf is a compromise between what your ego wants you to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do. – Bruce Crampton
- I’ve heard people say putting is 50 percent technique and 50 percent mental. I really believe it is 50 percent technique and 90 percent positive thinking, see, but that adds up to 140 percent, which is why nobody is 100 percent sure how to putt. – Chi Chi Rodriguez
- Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. – Arnold Palmer
- Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course… the space between your ears. – Bobby Jones
- Find a good teacher that will keep the game fun. Work hard and don’t be afraid to have success or disappointment. That is what golf is all about. – Paula Creamer
- But in the end it’s still a game of golf, and if at the end of the day you can’t shake hands with your opponents and still be friends, then you’ve missed the point. – Payne Stewart
- They call it golf because all the other four letter words were taken. – Ray Floyd
- Golf is won on 6 inches of real-estate! The space between your ears! – The Grateful Golfer
- 100% of short putts never go in! – The Grateful Golfer
- If you want to test your ability to handle pressure, make difficult decisions, and to conquer self-doubt; I suggest you take up golf! – The Grateful Golfer
- Self-talk empowers….self-doubt erodes a golfer’s confidence. – The Grateful Golfer
These quotes hit home today. Golf provides so many fun times, challenges, and opportunities to grow as a person. I am feel particularly grateful today!
How about you?
Which quote do you like the best and why?
Or if you have a different favorite, please share!
I am a grateful golfer! See you on the links!