I like to read about many things and became curious the when the news was talking about 2016 being the Year of the Monkey. The Chinese zodiac is divided into 12 segments or houses that last an entire year instead of 1 month like western zodiac signs.
After some research, what caught my attention the most was the unique traits about each house. These traits are supposed to be an indication of what type of person you are and how you live your life. Here are the unique characteristics of the 12 houses:
- Rat: Intelligent, adaptable, quick-witted, charming, artistic, sociable.
- Ox: Loyal, reliable, thorough, strong, reasonable, steady, determined.
- Tiger: Enthusiastic, courageous, ambitious, leadership, confidence, charismatic.
- Rabbit: Trustworthy, empathic, modest, diplomatic, sincere, sociable, caretakers.
- Dragon: Lucky, flexible, eccentric, imaginative, artistic, spiritual, charismatic.
- Snake: Philosophical, organized, intelligent, intuitive, elegant, attentive, decisive.
- Horse: Adaptable, loyal, courageous, ambitious, intelligent, adventurous, strong.
- Sheep: Tasteful, crafty, warm, elegant, charming, intuitive, sensitive, calm.
- Monkey: Quick-witted, charming, lucky, adaptable, bright, versatile, lively, smart.
- Rooster: Honest, energetic, intelligent, flamboyant, flexible, diverse, confident.
- Dog: Loyal, sociable, courageous, diligent, steady, lively, adaptable, smart.
- Pig: Honorable, philanthropic, determined, optimistic, sincere, sociable.
So what does the Chinese Zodiac have to do with golf. Well, I took a look at the characteristics and wondered if they fit my golf game. Here is what I came up with:
- I am an Ox.
- I consider my golf game to be steady most of the time (reliable)
- I use course management all the time (thorough)
- I am willing to take my medicine for a poor shot (reasonable)
- I make more pars than anything else. Rarely do I shoot more that 3 birdies a round, but score in the 70s most of the time (steady)
- I am constantly learning and trying to find ways to play better golf even when the process is frustrating (determined)
Does the Chinese Zodiac really effect my golf game? I would suggest it does not, however it is interesting how the unique characteristics of being an Ox are found in my golf game!
What do you think? Does the Chinese Zodiac describe your golf game?
I am a grateful golfer! See you on the links!